Christmas holiday feast – keep germs off the menu with these simple food safety tips
Christmas holidays are just around the corner and we know you are busy planning for the big feast. After all, Christmas dinner is a substantial element that gathers us with our loved ones. But sometimes, the Christmas rush can get the best of us and even the best chefs can make mistakes. Whether you are going for the good old family Christmas recipes that you know by heat or you’re feeling a bit creative this year, there is one important ingredient which should never be neglected – Food Safety!
You probably already know the routine, but just in case you might forget something during your busiest hours, here some food safety tips to make your day a bit easier and your Christmas more memorable.
- Food requiring refrigeration and fresh meat products should always be kept between 1-5 °C
- Remember to always wash your hands with warm water and soap before starting on your Christmas dinner. Never forget to rewash your hands after preparing any meat products.
- On the other hand, there is no need to wash your poultry and other meat products since this is the number one cause of cross-contamination with harmful bacteria onto kitchen surfaces and fresh foods such as vegetables and fruits.
- Keep all ready -to -eat foods separated from raw meat products and tainted fruits and vegetables.
- Always use separate cutting boards for raw meat and poultry.
- Cook or roast your meat properly. Poultry meat should never be pink and the meat should be cooked until the juice run clear.
- Leftover should be cooled within 2 hours in the fridge or in the freezer.
Happy Safe Holiday
From all of us in SonoSteam we wish you a merry Christmas